Launching a Partnership Program
- Companies in CenturyLink’s Independent Software Vendor (ISV) vertical were engaged soley as customers, not as partners, creating missed business opportunities and revenue growth despite unmet need and high demand from the vertical.
- Little focus and alignmnet on how to define and structure a partner program to meet the various needs of diverse ISVs while ensuring that the program can scale.
- Needed to launch an ISV partner program in four months.
- Utilized our 3S methodology that focused on building the right story for ISV partners, the right strategy and the right systems for execution.
- Using insights gained from conducting primary ISV field research, developed a narrative that articulated CenturyLink’s partner story and value proposition.
- Developed an opportunity assessment, go-to-market (GTM) strategy and action plan that enabled CenturyLink to establish a partner program with multiple engagement options.
- Identifed target partners for each program engagement option.
- Produced suite of marketing and sales enablement assets to support program launch and adoption.
- CenturyLink went to market with an integrated brand story that encapsulates how they work with software companies as both customers and partners.
- CenturyLink successfully launched the Software Alliance Program at their Ascend Partner Conference with program validation from key partners.
- Program includes four engagement options.
- Re-named ISV vertical in response to partner feedback.
- A new dedicated team was established to support and grow the Software Alliance Program.