Standing Out in a Sea of Sameness
As a midsized financial planning organization, SignatureFD works with high net worth individuals building asset management strategies to help meet their evolving needs.
- SignatureFD lacks a clear differentiating brand position in a highly competitive industry where multi-billion dollar competitors are constantly looking to take business.
- The desire to find a unique, differentiating and ownable brand position is difficult in an industry where the perceived category imperatives have become costs of entry (trust & security)and have overshadowed all else, creating an industry of relative sameness
- An additional hurdle includes a lack of internal alignment or brand stewardship creating an environment where decision making is slow and second guessing leads to constantly shifting direction.
- Historically, SignatureFD had not invested in marketing resources to build and sustain insight driven and client/market focused marketing campaigns
Led an introductory kick-off meeting with the key leaders and stakeholders to define the project scope and align on objectives
Conducted quantitative marketing research to understand market perception of the category, the SignatureFD brand as well as critical drives of preference in the market
Created a Story & Strategy Playbook focused on new client acquisition as well as expanding services utilized by existing clients
Developed a comprehensive creative campaign to bring consistency and clarity to all branded material
- Provided SignatureFD with a clear, concise “story” to describe their current business in terms that both associates and clients can understand and communicate in a consistent manner
- Delivered a structured, prioritized action plan for SignatureFD to implement in support of their vision to become a technology innovator
- Identified key business strategy gaps and organizational requirements (structure and resources) that will be necessary to achieve success with the go-forward vision
- Selected as a 2018 winner of the Top Places to Work (for Financial Planning) in America by Investment News
- Achieved asset growth of ~20% with 11% growth coming from existing client asset growth and nearly 8% growth in new clients.