Building a High Performance Marketing Team
- New VP marketing promoted into position to manage diverse group of individual marketing performers
- Rapidly expanding base of internal clients that must be served by relatively small centralized marketing team
- Significant corporate pressure to reduce costs and “do more with less”
- Increasing project volume from across the federation as marketing team becomes “go-to” resource for supporting outreach programs
- Conducted teamwork assessment (i.e. trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, results)
- Engaged with marketing team in series of workshops to identify performance issues, acknowledge successes and craft action plans for improving team performance
- Facilitated team workshop to create a vision of marketing operations to exceed client expectations in an environment of increasing project volume
- Secured executive alignment and team personel commitments
- Assisted in building a high performance marketing team by identifying gaps in capabilities and aligning team culture/behaviors
- Enabled marketing team to successfully expand support for federation of brands without adding incremental headcount.
- New CEO identifies marketing team as critical enabler for success of the federation of labs in the USA.